Re: iMac G5 "windfarm"

On Sun, Jan 3, 2021 at 1:30 PM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
On 1/3/21 10:25 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> The stuff is open source, if anyone is interested in getting this fixed, please
> start reading the code and help me.

FWIW, the source code is here:

> https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/partman-base/-/blob/master/parted_server.c

If anyone has any clever idea, please let me know.

there are lots of calls to fflush without a following fsync(fileno())

from the fflush() manual page:

 NOTES
       Note that fflush() flushes only the user-space buffers provided by the C
       library.   To ensure that the data is physically stored on disk the ker‐
       nel buffers must be flushed too, for example, with sync(2) or fsync(2).

i imagine this could cause blocking problems with fifos but i am just guessing.

cam