Re: Debian Sid PPC64 / IBM pSeries 550 --- Bootloaders don't work after succesful install

On 11/13/20 1:31 PM, Anatoly Pugachev wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 3:21 PM Deinsti Suski
> <projectstudios22@gmail.com> wrote:
>> We would like to thank everyone for their help and suggestions
>> and I hope that our discoveries help in anyway
>> If you'd like to know more then don't hesitate to ask
>
> I wonder if it is still possible to give an option to install yaboot
> (besides of grub) when installing on powerpc hardware...

The problem with such suggestions is that all that works ends up with
me as there is no one else willing to help with the PowerPC port at
the moment.

And since I don't have unlimited time and resources available, I limit
my work to the packages that are part of the Debian distribution.

I also have doubts that GRUB is not compatible with some IBM POWER
machines as this would be something IBM developers would have reported
and fixed.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz