Re: More testing and pending updated installation images

Hi,

On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 22:59:15 +0200
John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> anyone
> is invited to report back tests with the updated ofpathname script
> from the powerpc-utils package and compare it with the results from
> the ofpath script from the Yaboot package.

It appears to work for me on PowerBook6,4:

$ /usr/sbin/ofpath /dev/sda1
/pci@f4000000/ata-6@d/@1:1
$ /usr/sbin/ofpath /dev/sda5
/pci@f4000000/ata-6@d/@1:5
$ /usr/sbin/ofpath /dev/sda
/pci@f4000000/ata-6@d/@1
$ /usr/sbin/ofpathname /dev/sda1
/usr/sbin/ofpathname: line 839: warning: command substitution: ignored null byte in input
/pci@f4000000/ata-6@d/@1:1
$ /usr/sbin/ofpathname /dev/sda5
/usr/sbin/ofpathname: line 839: warning: command substitution: ignored null byte in input
/pci@f4000000/ata-6@d/@1:5
$ /usr/sbin/ofpathname /dev/sda
/usr/sbin/ofpathname: line 839: warning: command substitution: ignored null byte in input
/pci@f4000000/ata-6@d/@1

ofpathname from powerpc-ibm-utils 1.3.2-1.1+mac
ofpath from yaboot 1.3.17-4+ports1

My system is not fully Unstable so maybe that is related to the shell warning.

Also, ofpathname is a little slower than ofpath:

$ time /usr/sbin/ofpathname /dev/sda1
/usr/sbin/ofpathname: line 839: warning: command substitution: ignored null byte in input
/pci@f4000000/ata-6@d/@1:1

real	0m0.859s
user	0m0.312s
sys	0m0.403s

$ time /usr/sbin/ofpath /dev/sda1
/pci@f4000000/ata-6@d/@1:1

real	0m0.169s
user	0m0.051s
sys	0m0.051s

USB doesn't seem to work either way but I don't think this machine can boot from USB anyway:

$ /usr/sbin/ofpathname /dev/sdb1
(null)/@0/@0:1
$ /usr/sbin/ofpath /dev/sdb1
ofpath:  (usb-storage) is not supported