Re: eMac G4/1.25 GHz support for Debian Sid?

Hello Alex!

On 7/26/19 3:54 PM, Alex McKeever wrote:
> How hard would it be to get it working on this machine?

Hard to tell unless you tell us what's not working in particular.

> Mine was manufactured at around the same time as my PowerMac G5 2.0 DP.
> I don’t understand why the eMac is not supported by Ports anymore...

Well, unless you tell us what your problem is we're not able to help
you.

> why’d they not add support for the Radeon 9200 for KMS?

Who is "they"? Driver development is done in the kernel, not in Debian.

If the kernel doesn't support a particular piece of hardware, then there
is not much we can do about it in Debian. Hardware support isn't a Debian
topic, it's a kernel topic.

> The PowerMac G5 is running Fienix Lite, a spin of a community supported
> distribution based on Sid with MATE, but uses LXQT instead.

How is this relevant to the eMac question? Debian runs fine on the G5, yes.

I don't know about the eMac because I have never even touched an eMac, I
think they were not that popular outside the US either.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz