Re: eMac G4/1.25 GHz support for Debian Sid?

As far as I know, the problem with eMacs with a Radeon 9200 is the
migration to KMS video drivers.

Years ago I tried to install Debian on it and discovered that any
version after "Wheezy" has video problems (the so called "Black Screen
of Death) [1].

I read a report of someone using a UMS version of the drivers from
ubuntu [2] but never tried this solution.

I wonder:

1. Would it be possible to have UMS drivers compatible with modern kernels?

2. If answer to "1" is true, would it be possible to make a debian
package for it?

If someone thinks that it could be possible to find a solution, I could
be available for testing purposes, since I still own an old eMac G4.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2016/06/msg00136.html
[2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2016/06/msg00140.html

Regards