Re: Debian Installer GRUB test image available

On 2019-05-05, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> If just removing the extra colon fixes the problem *and* also does not
> break the boot using a CD-ROM (which currently works so it should be
> tested it still does with the change), we should fix the bug upstream.

I would like to point out that ppc/bootinfo.txt does _not_ specify
"&partition;". So I really wonder why System/Library/CoreServices/BootX
is specifying it.

When I get some free time I'll try to find out where &partition; came
from and why BootX is using it.

If you find some time, I think it would be interesting if we had a
grub-boot test image where BootX is using:

<BOOT-SCRIPT>
boot &device;:,\System\Library\CoreServices\grub.elf
</BOOT-SCRIPT>

I suspect Apple users would then be able to "properly" boot from USB
with:

boot usb0/disk:,\\:tbxi

John Ogness