Re: Testing GRUB from other distros.

Il 07/03/19 20:54, Frank Scheiner ha scritto:
> On 3/7/19 10:09, aggaz wrote:
>> [...]
>> I can try Fedora with the CD image burned on an actual CD, but I
>> honestly do not expect any change.
>
> Ok then, but if you have the extra time for it, it'd be good to know if
> it would make a difference.

You were right.

I burned Fedora-Everything-netinst-ppc64-27-1.6.iso on a CD and I was
able to start an installation, but not to finish it.

There were problems with the graphical install (the system froze with a
black and white chessboard pattern) so I had to enable the textual
install by adding "inst.text" on the kernel line in GRUB.

I used the repository [1] and a default "classic" partition table
(classic as opposed to LVM).

Once I started the installation of the system I noticed the creation of
an "appleboot" partition (as the installer called it).

Then the installation was interrupted by the following error:

"The package 'yaboot' is required for this installation. This package
does not exists. This is a fatal error and installation will be aborted".

So, I suppose that in theory Fedora 27 does support apples, but by using
yaboot and for this reason I think that further testing is not required.

Hope these failed installations helped.

Regards
F.

[1]