Re: New discussion: ppc64 installer -- ext2 /boot partition to keep yaboot happy.

Hi Rick,

On 10/31/2017 02:46 AM, Rick Thomas wrote:
I downloaded and burned the below image.  Then I did an install on my PowerMac7,3 G5 dual processor.

When it came time to partition the disk I expanded the HFS NewWorld bootstrap partition to 10MB.

When it got to install grub or install yaboot, I first chose grub-installer.  That failed.  So I went back and tried yaboot-installer, which succeeded.  I switched to the F2 console and mounted /dev/sda2 (the HFS partition) on /target/boot/grub then went back to the main console and tried grub-installer again.  It failed again.

What am I doing wrong?

Currently only the new debconf templates (for d-i/grub-installer) were added to the installer image (i.e. new "text" for [1]). The `grub-installer` and `debian/postinst` scripts of d-i/grub-installer are still the original ones without my modifications. So the GRUB installation won't work without prior installation of the modifications - which I currently do during installations to test and finalize my modifications.

[1]: https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/d-i/grub-installer.git/tree/debian/grub-installer.templates?id=60b7ec8a721e611b3c47f4327fe4ba3555d32532

Hence some additional time and discussion is still needed before this will be fully included, sorry.

Cheers,
Frank