Re: debian-installer now available in Ports

I still have a few powerpc Macs, both OldWorld and NewWorld.

The oldest one (6100/66) has no Open Firmware, the next one (7600/132)
has OF 1.x, then comes Beige G3 with OF 2.x, and the first NewWorld
machine Blue&White G3 with OF 3.x.

- the 6100 can only run MkLinux on top of Mach microkernel.

- the 7600 can boot Linux with Bootx from Mac OS, or with quik directly from OF.

- the same applies to Beige.

- the Blue&White needs yaboot or grub2.

So, I'm saying that yaboot or grub2 is not usable on OldWorld
machines. To automate the installation, the installer should be able
to install quik on them. But I'm afraid that no one has maintained
quik. Perhaps yaboot or grub2 could be expanded to handle OldWorld as
well. And making a CD bootable on OldWorld machines is yet another
challenge.

Risto