Re: Xorg fails on ATI after update (mmio aperture)

Hi,

Michel Dänzer wrote:
Can you provide the two /boot/config-4.8* files? If you attach them
> directly, maybe compress them e.g. with gzip to avoid running into
> mailing list size limits.
Or maybe just attach the output of diff -u for the two files.

attached (well, I forgot unified, but it is readable enough I hope)

Could CONFIG_IO_STRICT_DEVMEM=y be the issue?

the only other stuff is Hardening configs.

Interesting is that this is 4.8.0-1 while the header advertises 4.8.5!

Riccardo

(This time with diff)
3c3
< # Linux/powerpc 4.8.0-rc8 Kernel Configuration
---
> # Linux/powerpc 4.8.5 Kernel Configuration
227c227
< # CONFIG_SLAB_FREELIST_RANDOM is not set
---
> CONFIG_SLAB_FREELIST_RANDOM=y
404c404,405
< # CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_STAT is not set
---
> CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_STAT=y
> # CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_STAT_DETAILS is not set
6220c6221
< # CONFIG_IO_STRICT_DEVMEM is not set
---
> CONFIG_IO_STRICT_DEVMEM=y
6240,6249d6240
<
< #
< # Hardening features (from Grsecurity)
< #
< CONFIG_GRKERNSEC=y
<
< #
< # Customize Configuration
< #
< CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_PERF_HARDEN=y
6255c6246,6247
< # CONFIG_SECURITY_DMESG_RESTRICT is not set
---
> CONFIG_SECURITY_DMESG_RESTRICT=y
> CONFIG_SECURITY_PERF_EVENTS_RESTRICT=y
6265c6257,6258