Re: Airport wireless and current Debian

Hi,

Risto Suominen wrote:
What firmware version did you have before? Looks like the card has
8.70, and Debian loads 9.48. You could try to rename the file
agere_sta_fw.bin, forcing the card to use its own firmware. I have
seen situations where loading 9.48 gives me WPA but takes away WEP.

proven that currently... I can't use the card's firmware (I get the warning + doesn't work) but it doesn't work with 9.48 either (no warning but it doesn't work)... I don't see many options.
Perhaps there was an intermediate version of the firmware that used to work?
Or could the kernel driver break WEP?

Riccardo