Re: Airport wireless and current Debian

Hi,

Risto Suominen wrote:
What firmware version did you have before? Looks like the card has
8.70, and Debian loads 9.48. You could try to rename the file
agere_sta_fw.bin, forcing the card to use its own firmware. I have
seen situations where loading 9.48 gives me WPA but takes away WEP.

I don't know?
It used to work.
After the upgrade it started non working, I checked the messages and I saw issues with firmware missing. Looked it up and on teh debian wiki, installing firmware was the proposed solution.
Now I don't get warnings but it doesn't work.

wouldn't renaming the file be equivalent of removing the package and get the issue with missing firmware again?

It sometimes happens that during a dist-upgrade a package gets lost! Thus I don't know what I had before. In my archives I see this:
root@fuchur:/var/cache/apt/archives# ls * | grep firm
firmware-linux-free_3.3_all.deb
firmware-linux-free_3.4_all.deb
firmware-misc-nonfree_20160110-1_all.deb

RIccardo