[RFC] dietlibc port to ppc64el

Dear PPC porters,

I've started helping out with the dietlibc package. Since it does
support powerpc (32) and ppc64, and ppc64el is a release architecture,
I thought it might be a good thing to try and port it over from ppc64
to ppc64el. (Famous last words: "How difficult can that be?" ;-))

Well, after a couple of hours I think I managed to get it working. I've
successfully compiled it in a qemu-user chroot (I don't have access to
ppc64el hardware, though I could probably request porterbox access).
Main difficulty was the ELFv2 ABI (as compared to the ELFv1 ABI in BE
ppc64).

Now, I'm not an expert on ppc, I doubt I really understand any of the
subtleties involved. So before I add this to the Debian package and
send my patch upstream, it would be great if somebody here could take a
look at the package, especially since this is a release architecture.

I've pushed my experimental port to the ports/ppc64el branch of the git
repository on collab-maint:

  https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/dietlibc.git
  https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/dietlibc.git/log/?h=ports/ppc64el

Patch against source code that adds the port:

  https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/dietlibc.git/tree/debian/patches/0051-experimental-ppc64-port.diff?h=ports/ppc64el

Checkout via:

  git clone https://anonscm.debian.org/git/collab-maint/dietlibc.git -b ports/ppc64el

May be built via gbp buildpackage. If needed, I can also provide a .dsc
file if necessary.

Comments welcome.

Regards,
Christian

PS: Please CC me, I'm not subscribed to the list.