Re: Debian 8 on Late 2005 G5, Graphics Issues

On Jun 28, 2015, at 11:58 PM, Peter Saisanas <psaisanas@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rick,
> I would be curious to see your dmesg log as well.

Attached dmesg and yaboot.conf.  Note: In yaboot.conf the default boot (which produced this dmesg) is “Sid-Linux”.  The kernel command line arguments are “ ro nomodeset “  The other append lines (commented out in this) did not work at all.

> For starters, To me it looks like the nouveau driver has not been loaded. What kernel options have you got appended on yaboot?

I currently have no modules blacklisted.

> You would be better off not appending any options to yaboot.conf and blacklisting nouveau for now.

I’ll give that a try!

Enjoy!
Rick