Re: wanted: old G5 hardware for use on the ppc64 port

Hi Konstantinos,

Thanks for being interested in it. I am also willing to help.

Why not using a remote VM on a new POWER machine hosted at Unicamp?

You have been doing so using the IBM POWER mini cloud[1], and the mini cloud will
continue to exist for long. In fact, the minicloud has some idle resources for
now, and it should grow soon. We are expecting to receive some new POWER8 to add
to the mini cloud.

Other than that, if you have any special requirement (as a full machine), I can
work to have it for you, during the bootstrap process. Let me know.

Also, We are trying to replace Debian infrastructure removing old powerpc hardware
used to do building and replace it with VMs on the new POWER machines. If ppc64
gets accept in Debian, I understand that they would use VM on the current POWER
machines that the DSA owns, other than these old hardware.

[1] http://openpower.ic.unicamp.br/minicloud/