Re: wanted: old G5 hardware for use on the ppc64 port [SOLVED]

On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 21:44:44 +0200
Konstantinos Margaritis <markos@freevec.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to help on the ppc64 port, I have ppc32 hardware,
> ppc64/ppc64el remote VM accounts but no actual ppc64 hardware. I
> just lost an extremely low bid for an imac g5 on ebay and am short
> on cash for another, but if anyone has a spare G5 (any model, but pref
> imac so that it can be easy to ship) in working order and is willing
> to part with it, I could handle the shipping costs (please, only
> within the EU, I've had the unhappy experience of paying insane
> shipping costs for buying a big box from the US :)

Replying to self, thanks to everyone for your kind offers, I have
decided to accept Risto Suominen's iMac G5 offer. Once I receive the
hardware, I'll attempt a ppc64 installation.

Kind Regards

--
Konstantinos Margaritis
email: markos@freevec.org, markos@debian.org