Re: Plymouth on ppc [yaboot, nouveau]

On Die, 2014-01-14 at 14:59 +0100, gw [j] iza [b] superstar wrote:
>  > I'm not aware of any direct interaction between yaboot and plymouth, so
> > I doubt your problem is directly related to yaboot.
>
> Plymouth has to be configured specifically within the other boot loaders for it
> to work, right?  So then I assumed there is something I didn't set up properly
> in yaboot / related-- this is why I mentioned this.  For example in Grub 2
> there are settings the plymouth wiki suggests to use, to give the resolution
> and tell the system to display a splash.

The only thing I'm doing is specifying 'splash' on the kernel command
line. If that doesn't work for you, verify in /proc/cmdline that it's
really there (and 'nosplash' is not).

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer            |                  http://www.amd.com
Libre software enthusiast          |                Mesa and X developer