Plymouth on ppc [yaboot, nouveau]

I'm having some problems setting up Plymouth (boot splash package), and
specifically I'm using the latest Stable, on an old powermac.

In the plymouth documentation wiki and debian wiki there were some tips at
configuring the nouveau drivers, but I'm wondering if plymouth is compatable at
all with yaboot?

Anyone have some suggestions or experiences to report?

I realize there's not often a practical use for a splash screen, in this case
someone really wants to beautify their system ;)

Thanks!