Yaboot install problem - IBM 911-285

I have a new IBM IntelliStation 285 (9111-285) and am trying to install. Using the latest Debian 6.0.3 DVD or netinstall images. I can setup and install Debian just fine, but when I hit the yaboot install stage it fails and reports no partition of type Apple_Bootstrap found. I used guided partitioning on one disk and a 7.3MB PReP partition is present and flagged as Bootable (B).

The Apple partition error is erroneous as IBM use a PReP partition instead so I don't understand the issue.

Can anyone help?

--
Mark Benson

http://markbenson.org/blog