Re: Yaboot install problem - IBM 911-285

Hello Mark,

a while ago I succeeded in installing Debian 6.0.3 (ppc64) on an IBM
Power740 via the netinstall image.
During the setup process it was necessary to update the yaboot
bootloader and manually change its configuration.
Once installed however it runs stable and fast, very fast actually.

You can find the instructions here:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2011/09/msg00050.html
Maybe they can be adopted to your system.
Good luck!

Sincerely,
Benedikt

--
Benedikt Wegmann
benedikt.wegmann@gwdg.de

Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH Göttingen
(GWDG)
Am Fassberg 11, 37077 Göttingen
Die digitale Unterschrift dieser Mail kann anhand des Zertifikats des
DFN überprüft werden:
https://ca.gwdg.de/certs/