Re: Fan won't work - system locking up as a result

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Tom@gmail <tjmcavaney@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hey everyone. I just installed debian with Mintppc9 and there is one
>> remaining issue - the fan doesn't work. Because of this, the laptop
>> gets extremely hot, and the fans never come on. After a few minutes,
>> it locks up.
>>

> I don't mean to be rude, but if you want to stuck with Mint you might find you have more luck asking your question on the Mint forums (this list usually supports Debian, rather than derivative distros such as Mint).
>
> That said, have you tried installing Debian from an official Debian .iso?  See [www.debian.org/distrib/]
>
> Good luck
>
> Tom

I have tried, and they pointed me towards this list :)
I had originally had debian squeeze installed, but for some reason it
wasn't seeing that I had a battery connected, though I think I'm going
to leverage the automatically-included modules from mintppc should I
switch back. Mint sees the battery without an issue.