Re: Fan won't work - system locking up as a result

For your information: MintPPC is pure Debian. The only difference with
plane Debian is the theme. Everything under the hood is exactly the same
as Debian. Another small difference is the apt system, which has more
features and the software update system. MintPPC immediately loads the
right modules for things like battery status and so on. I saw that
people always have the same troubles with Ubuntu or Debian on PPC based
machines. I wanted to make a distro which takes care of all these little
things, without touching the inner working of Debian Linux. I hope this
clears things up.

Jeroen Diederen aka Linuxopjemac (the designer of MintPPC)