Re: sound problem ibook g4

mlaks@B1:~$ uname -a
Linux B1 2.6.38-2-powerpc #1 Sat Apr 23 19:45:44 UTC 2011 ppc GNU/Linux

here is the output on the laptop when booted into debian

mlaks@B1:~$ lsmod |grep snd
snd_aoa_i2sbus         20887  0
snd_powermac           58851  0
snd_pcm_oss            44965  0
snd_mixer_oss          19254  1 snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm                68590  3 snd_aoa_i2sbus,snd_powermac,snd_pcm_oss
snd_page_alloc          9121  1 snd_pcm
snd_seq_dummy           4759  0
snd_seq_oss            33902  0
snd_seq_midi            8352  0
snd_rawmidi            22252  1 snd_seq_midi
snd_seq_midi_event      7904  2 snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi
snd_seq                53422  6 snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_midi_event
snd_timer              21631  2 snd_pcm,snd_seq
snd_seq_device          8861  5 snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq
snd                    55632  12 snd_aoa_i2sbus,snd_powermac,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_device
soundcore               8067  1 snd
snd_aoa_soundbus        6701  1 snd_aoa_i2sbus
mlaks@B1:~$ cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [Snapper        ]: PMac Snapper - PowerMac Snapper
                      PowerMac Snapper (Dev 38) Sub-frame 0
mlaks@B1:~$ cat /proc/asound/version
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.24.12.ge9da1.286.ge539e.
Compiled on Apr 24 2011 for kernel 2.6.38-2-powerpc.
mlaks@B1:~$ dpkg -l|egrep "(alsa-|asound)"
ii  alsa-base                                        1.0.23+dfsg-3                     ALSA driver configuration files
ii  alsa-firmware-loaders                            1.0.23-3+b1                       ALSA software loaders for specific hardware
ii  alsa-source                                      1.0.23+dfsg-3                     ALSA driver sources
ii  alsa-utils                                       1.0.23-3                          Utilities for configuring and using ALSA
ii  libasound2                                       1.0.23-2.1                        shared library for ALSA applications
ii  libasound2-plugins                               1.0.23-1+b1                       ALSA library additional plugins
mlaks@B1:~$ aplay -lL
null
default:CARD=Snapper
    PowerMac Snapper, PowerMac Snapper
    Default Audio Device
front:CARD=Snapper,DEV=0
    PowerMac Snapper, PowerMac Snapper
    Front speakers
card 0: Snapper [PowerMac Snapper], device 0: PMac Snapper [PowerMac Snapper]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
mlaks@B1:~$ groups
mlaks dialout cdrom floppy audio video plugdev netdev