Re: sound problem ibook g4

Risto, your sound plays on ubuntu live disk and not on debian installed
Elimar her is the output you wanted from the ubuntu install

here is the output when i play and boot into a ubuntu cd.

(i like debian and have it already installed and dont want to reinstall debian or move to ubuntu...)

note that i can play the audio file from risto

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ lsmod |grep snd
snd_powermac           68187  2
snd_pcm_oss            47872  0
snd_mixer_oss          19382  1 snd_pcm_oss
snd_aoa_i2sbus         20791  0
snd_pcm                87095  3 snd_powermac,snd_pcm_oss,snd_aoa_i2sbus
snd_seq_dummy           1766  0
snd_seq_oss            36232  0
snd_seq_midi            6161  0
snd_rawmidi            24746  1 snd_seq_midi
snd_seq_midi_event      7367  2 snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi
snd_seq                61897  6 snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_midi_event
snd_timer              24515  2 snd_pcm,snd_seq
snd_seq_device          7524  5 snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq
snd                    70628  14 snd_powermac,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_aoa_i2sbus,snd_pcm,snd_seq_oss,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_device
snd_aoa_soundbus        4916  1 snd_aoa_i2sbus
soundcore               7534  1 snd
snd_page_alloc          7660  1 snd_pcm

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [Snapper        ]: PMac Snapper - PowerMac Snapper
                      PowerMac Snapper (Dev 38) Sub-frame 0

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ cat /proc/asound/version
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.21.
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ dpkg -l|egrep "(alsa-|asound)"
ii  alsa-base                            1.0.22.1+dfsg-0ubuntu3                          ALSA driver configuration files
ii  alsa-utils                           1.0.22-0ubuntu5                                 ALSA utilities
ii  libasound2                           1.0.22-0ubuntu7                                 shared library for ALSA applications
ii  libasound2-plugins                   1.0.22-0ubuntu6                                 ALSA library additional plugins
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ aplay -lL
pulse
    Playback/recording through the PulseAudio sound server
front:CARD=Snapper,DEV=0
    PowerMac Snapper, PowerMac Snapper
    Front speakers
card 0: Snapper [PowerMac Snapper], device 0: PMac Snapper [PowerMac Snapper]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ groups
ubuntu adm dialout cdrom plugdev lpadmin admin sambashare
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$