Re: PowerMac G4 (Digital Audio) sound

I should have added yesterday, external speakers plugged into the 2.5 mm stereo
mini jack sound port still did not work on the PowerMac G4 DA, only the internal
speaker and the headphone jack.  Today, after fiddling around with alsamixer
trying to unmute what comes up as two headphone jacks, nothing works, even with
a reboot.

Clearly, the problem is has not been fixed and according to Christian, bug
report #606984 has been closed.  Sigh...

Tom