Re: Font Led

>> The front led of my mid 2005 iBook is showing the PATA disk activity
>> after I added the following line to /etc/sysfs.conf
>>
>> class/leds/pmu-led::front/trigger = ide-disk
>>
>> and then restarted the /etc/init.d/sysfsutils service (from sysfsutils
>> package).
>
> That doesn't work
>
>> You can also write 'disk' directly to the (pseudo)file
>> /sys/class/leds/pmu-led::front/trigger, but it will be valid just till
>> the next reboot.
>
> I can't overwrite /sys/class/leds/pmu-led::front/trigger

kernel linux-2.6.35.4 on iBook mid2005

root@ibook:/sys/class/leds/pmu-led::front# cat
/sys/class/leds/pmu-led\:\:front/trigger
none [ide-disk] phy0rx phy0tx phy0assoc phy0radio

thus is already setted for ide-disk but i suppose that using new PATA
driver it 'd be different... we need another option.

@Elimar

you cannot overwrite but you can tune it.
e.g. to use the led to blink when your airport ext. receives something:

# echo phy0rx > /sys/class/leds/pmu-led\:\:front/trigger
# cat /sys/class/leds/pmu-led\:\:front/trigger
none ide-disk [phy0rx] phy0tx phy0assoc phy0radio

cheers,
Nello

--
CRUX PPC & Debian PPC user