Re: Font Led

* Mich Lanners [100914 21:15 +0200]:
> Hello,
>
> On  14 Sep, this message from Elimar Riesebieter echoed through
> cyberspace:
> > does one know ho wto get the front led triggering on pata HD
> > aktivity? This is on my PB G4 last generation.
>
> On mine with a kernel 2.6.15, it's a kernel config option under
>
> Device Drivers ->
> 	ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support ->
> 		Builtin PowerMac IDE support ->
> 			suboption "Blink laptop LED on drive act."

Well this seems to work for HD's configured as ide drives. I don't
use ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support but
Serial ATA and Parallel ATA drivers ->
        ATA BMDMA support ->
                Apple PowerMac/PowerBook internal 'MacIO' IDE

So my IDE Drive is declared as /dev/sda.

Device Drivers ->
    Macintosh device drivers ->
        Macintosh device drivers ->
            Support for the Power/iBook front LED ->
                Use front LED as IDE LED by default

doesn't work in my case, though

$ cat/proc/version
Linux version 2.6.36-rc4-aragorn (riesebie@aragorn) (gcc version 4.4.5 20100909 (prerelease) (Debian 4.4.4-14) ) #1 Mon Sep 13 20:48:12 CEST 2010