Re: PPC-specific netatalk problems

On 02/12/10 15:36, Gregory Seidman wrote:
On Thu, Dec 02, 2010 at 02:46:14PM +0000, Clive Menzies wrote:
On 02/12/10 13:04, Gregory Seidman wrote:
Has anyone else had any luck with netatalk (supporting OpenSSL) on PPC?

Samba works well to do this:
SMB won't automatically show up as an option for a Time Machine drive. The
version of netatalk in unstable/testing is 2.1.2, and supports the Time
Machine extensions OS X expects. It's seamless. It works beautifully
running on x86, not at all on PPC. While I am aware of more manual
workarounds, I'm trying to get the seamless and automatic approach to work
Ah. Although we have clients running OSX accessing samba shares I don't think any are running Leopard. Something for me to investigate, although to date I've worked on the premise if it ain't broken, don't fix it. :-)

Clive Menzies&  Associates Limited
07836 601378