Re: Yaboot

> Benjamin, I fully appreciate your attempts to do something about this.
> You really care about the state of Debian on PowerPC. Please note that
> Grub 2 works on exactly one PowerPC machine: Pegasos. It needs the most
> the same solution that would actually fix bug 572869: a new ofpath
> written from scratch that covers all PowerPC machines.
>
> Joseph Jezak actually realized the nature of this bug and did his best
> to produce a solution, but given the resources he had, he did not
> finalize the job. His code is currently in a half baked state.
Hi everyone,

Sorry for not playing a larger role in getting this taken care of, I've
been really busy with other things.

The code that I posted was not finished, I know. When I posted it to the
yaboot mailing list, I was looking for testing and some feedback as to
the approach I took. I have not seen a report of the code breaking where
the old ofpath worked or a good reason to keep the old ofpath code
around besides the fear of breaking things. However, I do also
understand the desire to not rock the boat, especially from Debian's
perspective.

In any case, if I were to integrate my code with the old ofpath, are
there enough people to test it with any confidence over the new version
I wrote? Does anyone actually want this? What would be the best solution?
-Joe