Re: PPC-specific netatalk problems

On Thu, Dec 02, 2010 at 02:46:14PM +0000, Clive Menzies wrote:
> On 02/12/10 13:04, Gregory Seidman wrote:
[...]
>> Has anyone else had any luck with netatalk (supporting OpenSSL) on PPC?
>>
>> --Greg
>
> Samba works well to do this:
> http://clivemenzies.co.uk/help/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=8&id=33&Itemid=58

SMB won't automatically show up as an option for a Time Machine drive. The
version of netatalk in unstable/testing is 2.1.2, and supports the Time
Machine extensions OS X expects. It's seamless. It works beautifully
running on x86, not at all on PPC. While I am aware of more manual
workarounds, I'm trying to get the seamless and automatic approach to work
first.

> HTH
> Clive
--Greg