Re: Debugging yaboot issues (was: Re: Call for testers: new yaboot package release - experimental installer)

Le mercredi 13 octobre 2010 à 10:32 -0700, Gary a écrit :
> Thanks for the sleuthing, Ben. But I can't help but wonder how the
> Lenny installer works to allow me to install unstable or testing on my
> G5 with SATA...? Am I missing something important in the multiple
> threads spawned by this issue over the past few months?

Oh, sorry, I forgot that. But I just checked a lenny kernel (2.6.26-2)
and saw that /proc/scsi _is_ present:

$ grep SCSI /boot/config-2.6.26-2-686 |grep PROC
CONFIG_SCSI_PROC_FS=y
$ grep SCSI /boot/config-2.6.32-3-686 |grep PROC
# CONFIG_SCSI_PROC_FS is not set

So, I can now "officially" say that, as /proc/scsi has been disabled
between lenny and squeeze, yaboot does not work anymore with SATA
enabled PowerPCs. This is a big regression, and is worth a blocking BR
for squeeze, maybe. Does anyone feel like it ?

Thanks everybody for making that clear, and sorry for the guess & try
game that leaded to that.

Regards,
benjamin