Re: Debugging yaboot issues (was: Re: Call for testers: new yaboot package release - experimental installer)

Hi,

Le mercredi 13 octobre 2010 à 09:51 -0700, Gary a écrit :
> I tried to do this with Zsombor's recent build but, unfortunately, the
> network driver wasn't recognized

Is it recognized with the original installer ? If it's the case, it
means there's definitly something wrong with Zsombor image and that we
can't report bug on it.

> I didn't look to
> see if a USB drive would show up as that's the only way I could
> provide a verbose listing of /sys/bus/scsi/devices. Should I try for
> the same output on an official testing or unstable weekly or nightly
> build? IIRC, I had a similar ofpath issues with those as well.

I checked once again ofpath source code and saw that the information
from /sys I asked is useless. Sorry for the trouble. Yaboot definitely
doesn't work with the "new" ATA stack nor SCSI devices
without /proc/scsi.

The work from Joseph Jezak seen here:
http://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/yaboot-devel/2010-September/000345.html is very interesting, but we must integrate it in the current ofpath; we can't wipe everything like that. Also, ofpathname is interesting, but it's a too big step to take, IMHO. Furthermore, I can't look up the code because of licensing issues.

So, for now, no SATA for yaboot. Sorry it took so much time to
understand it myself. I'll try to do something with Joseph's code, or,
may I ask you directly : do you want to help on integrating your code to
current ofpath, Joseph ?

Regards,
benjamin