Installing nouveau hints?

I installed squeeze on a PowerBook G4 and was unhappy with the
performance of the nv driver trying to use Blender & for graphics in
general.

0000:00:10.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV34M
[GeForce FX Go5200] (rev a1)

I tried setting up a xorg.conf and using nouveau, but couldn't get to
X.  So I "upgraded" to sid/development, but it is still using the
2.6.32.5 kernel.  I gather that nouveau has been added to the kernel
of 2.6.33 and up.  So I thought I'd try setting the machine up as a
mixed system.  I added the sid repositories to my sources.list and
made unstable the default release in a /etc/apt/apt.conf.  I attempted
to install linux-headers-2.6.33-2-powerpc, which I gathered might
support nouveau better, but got unmet dependency errors.  It there a
way to force apt-get to install a kernel on the experimental
repository?

Baring that I thought maybe I could use this method to compile a new kernel:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PowerPCFAQ#How%20can%20I%20configure%20and%20compile%20my%20own%20kernel%20under%20PowerPC%20Linux?

I know this is Debian, not Ubuntu, but it looks pretty straight
forward.  It looks like I'd have a choice of "stable" vanilla kernels
from kernel.org, 2.6.33.7, 2.6.34.7 or 2.6.35.7.  Does that look like
it would work and does anyone have a suggestion for which kernel I
should try?

I also looked at his page about installing nouveau from git using the
latest git kernel & Debian unstable/experimental:
http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/DebianInstall

It looks a little onery & over a year old. Does that look like it
would still work?  Does anyone have another suggestion that would make
it easier to get nouveau on this beast?  Maybe a tweak of the
xorg.conf?  Is it even worth the effort?  Will this machine still be
pokey, even with nouveau installed?

Thanks,

GT