Re: Installing Debian Lenny on MacMini G4

On Jul 27, 2010, at 5:24 PM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

I forgot to mention that using the 'C' holding solution with this
cd-rom I can now see a icon of the finder within a blue folder, then
move to a question mark in a blue folder icon, then again the finder
icon...
After a couple of second, it still boots to hard-drive

Does Mac have a notion of boot order ? (I am a PC user, I never
touched a mac before... well barely)

The boot order is defined by parameters in Open Firmware, and conditioned by things like holding down the "C" key.

What that behavior looks like to me is a marginal CD/DVD drive. Sometimes it can read the CD, sometimes not. You might think about having it replaced, if that's a possibility. DVD-R/W drives are not expensive these days.

You mentioned getting some more CD-R blanks. Try a different brand from the one you originally used. Sometimes that helps...

Just grasping at straws...

Rick