Re: Installing Debian Lenny on MacMini G4

--- On Mon, 7/26/10, Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com> wrote:

From: Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: Installing Debian Lenny on MacMini G4
To: "Mathieu Malaterre" <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com>
Cc: "PowerPC List Debian" <debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org>
Date: Monday, July 26, 2010, 4:09 AM

On Jul 25, 2010, at 11:23 PM, Rick Thomas wrote:

> A third possibilty, though remote, is that the iso was improperly built.  I'll verify that myself and get back to you.

I downloaded and burned the iso.  I verified the MD5 and compared the burned CD with the ISO.  All went well.  Then I booted it on my own Mac mini G4.  It booted fine (I used the "C" hold-down method) and started the installer.  I didn't run any further, because I didn't want to mess up my MacOS-X machine, but it at least booted.

So there's no problem with the iso file itself.

Enjoy!

Rick