Re: Installing Debian Lenny on MacMini G4

On Jul 26, 2010, at 9:41 AM, Chris Reich wrote:

I've seen this problem before myself and have never resolved it. It's also been reported elsewhere without resolution. I watch this thread anxiously awaiting a fix. All my best - Chris Reich; Rochester, New York twittername: chrisreich

Chris,

Just incase you missed the point of what I wrote (possible, I'm not always a clear as I could be):

I have verified that there is nothing wrong with the iso image on the web site.

So the only things that are left are:

1) Mathieu encountered some kind of un-detected error in downloading the iso or burning the CD.

2) There's something wrong in the hardware of Mathieu's mac mini G4.

Case (1): He should re-download, verify the checksum, re-burn, verify the burn, and try again to see if it boots.

Case (2): He should try the CD on a different PowerPC Mac. See if it boots there. Also try a different bootable media, such as a MacOS-X DVD.

Hope this helps,

Rick