Re: installing on PPC Mac Mini without any OS installed

On Jul 20, 2010, at 1:51 AM, Gary Driggs wrote:

On Jul 19, 2010, at 7:41 PM, Rick Thomas wrote:
I'm about half-way thru an install on my Blue&White G3 ...
I don't know what caused your problem but I can't reproduce it. I'd recommend trying it with a new businesscard image from the above URL.

I wonder if this is only happening with Power Mac G5s...? I could swear I had the same problem on my G4 mini, however. I'll try the biz card disc as you suggest since I've only been using the xfce ISOs this whole time.

-Gary

Could be only on G5s.  I don't have one to test it on.

You may have trouble later on with the latest installer, though. See the bugreport I just submitted at

If you want to help debug the installer, go ahead and try it. If you really just want to get the machine up and running, I'd go with the Lenny installer at:
	http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/5.0.5/powerpc/iso-cd/debian-505-powerpc-netinst.iso

I'm beginning to loose confidence that Squeeze final will actually work on PowerMacs.

Rick