Re: installing on PPC Mac Mini without any OS installed

On Jul 15, 2010, at 7:09 PM, Gary wrote:

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Rick Thomas wrote:
Just to be absolutely clear, the "NewWorld bootblock" partition I am talking about, and I assume Gary is talking about, is the /dev/hda2 partition in the following display, with type "Apple_Bootstrap". This is quite distinct from
the "/boot" directory in your root partition.
It's formatted HFS (*not* HFS-plus) even on NewWorld machines,
Which easily fits into 800KB.

That's correct. But the installer would not pass without my manually
changing its size to 800Mb so there's a typo somewhere when it checks
it size, tell me it's not large enough, and forces me to enlarge it
from the command line with mac-fdisk. This was with the July 1st
weekly testing build but I haven't tried it again since...

-Gary

Hmmm... If this continues with the most recent installer, it's a bug and you should report it. For want of a better place, I'd report it against the debian-installer package, though if you can track it down to a particular part of the installer (partitioner?) you may get better response.

	http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/powerpc/iso-cd/

always has the absolute latest installer ISOs.

Enjoy!

Rick