Re: installing on PPC Mac Mini without any OS installed

Gary wrote:
Rick Thomas wrote:
PS: I'll also see if I can confirm your problem with whole-disk guided
partitioning, and report on that too.  Have you considered filing a bug
report?
Yes. Is there a set of log files that I should include?

I'm about half-way thru an install on my Blue&White G3 (just finished formatting the hard disk) using "guided partitioning" of the whole disk (I wiped the partition table before I started). I'm using the latest "businesscard" installer image from http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/sid_d-i/arch-latest/powerpc/iso-cd/

The NewWorld bootblock partition (/dev/sda2) is its default size (1.0 MB) and I have not encountered any error messages complaining about it so far.

I don't know what caused your problem but I can't reproduce it. I'd recommend trying it with a new businesscard image from the above URL.

Enjoy!

Rick