Re: Yaboot does not handle ext4 root partition?

On 12/08/2009 09:58 PM, Rick Thomas wrote:
> On Dec 8, 2009, at 7:13 PM, Geoff Levand wrote:
>
>> Just FYI, Petitboot now also has ext4 support.  Currently Petitboot
>> only supports the PS3 though.  Mac G5 support is in progress.
>
> Way Cool!  Will the Mac support be G5 specific?
> Any chance of supporting new-world G4 and G3 machines?

I have no plan to support other PowerPC machines.  The
next target I'll work to support is x86 PC (as a grub
2nd stage image).

Petitboot is just user space Linux programs.  It has
generic UI's (currently just an ncurses one with a twin
one in progress but not usable), so it is not too
difficult  to create a bootloader image for a new target
if that target is supported by OpenWRT.

For more info on Petitboot and OpenWRT see:

  http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/geoff/petitboot-dev.git;a=tree;f=man;hb=HEAD
  http://openwrt.org/
  http://dev.openwrt.org/wiki/ps3

-Geoff