Re: Yaboot does not handle ext4 root partition?

On Dec 8, 2009, at 7:13 PM, Geoff Levand wrote:

On 12/07/2009 02:56 PM, Michel Dänzer wrote:
On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 16:58 -0500, Rick Thomas wrote:
I installed a squeeze" system (using the sid d-i netinst image) and
just for fun I
decided to try setting root up as an ext4 filesystem.

All went well until the reboot into the new system.

TTBOMK yaboot indeed doesn't support ext4 yet. Where did you get the
impression that it did?

grub2 does support it, but is still a little tricky to set up.

Just FYI, Petitboot now also has ext4 support.  Currently Petitboot
only supports the PS3 though.  Mac G5 support is in progress.

-Geoff

Way Cool!  Will the Mac support be G5 specific?
Any chance of supporting new-world G4 and G3 machines?

And I guess old-world is *way* too much to hope for  /-:

Rick