Re: r128 driver issues with latest Xorg squeeze updates.

On Tue, 2009-09-15 at 13:39 -0700, Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 04:38:10PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 20:47 -0700, Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
> > >
> > > I upgraded squeeze today and noticed a lot of X related updates.
> > > Specifically, it updated the Xorg, mesa, and various ati drivers.
> > >
> > > After the upgrade, the r128 driver doesn't seem to be working. The main
> > > complain seems to be of the missing framebuffer device. My guess is that
> > > there is some issue with the atyfb128 driver not being loaded.
> >
> > It's impossible to help with a problem like this without seeing at the
> > very least the Xorg.0.log file corresponding to the failure.
> >

> Sorry about that, the summary of the output is below. The complete
> Xorg.0.log is attached.

> (EE) Unable to find a valid framebuffer device

This is probably an X server fbdevhw module bug fixed upstream in

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=f4350c66b493d63fa06be87caa958d7033232ea4

This fix will only be in the upcoming xserver 1.7 release, but I've
nominated the fix on http://wiki.x.org/wiki/Server16Branch now so
hopefully it'll be in a future 1.6.x release if any.