Re: r128 driver issues with latest Xorg squeeze updates. [SOLVED]

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 08:47:50PM -0700, Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I upgraded squeeze today and noticed a lot of X related updates.
> Specifically, it updated the Xorg, mesa, and various ati drivers.
>
> After the upgrade, the r128 driver doesn't seem to be working. The main
> complain seems to be of the missing framebuffer device. My guess is that
> there is some issue with the atyfb128 driver not being loaded.
>
> Starting Xorg without any conf uses the fbdev driver, resulting in poor
> quality.
>
> Any other powerpc users experiencing the same problem?

Fixed the issue:

Added the following lines under "Device":

Option      "UseFBDev"      "false"
Option      "NoInt10"       "true"

Credit goes to the following post:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-750740-highlight-dev+fb1.html

Hope this helps others with the same problem.

Amit