Re: r128 driver issues with latest Xorg squeeze updates. [SOLVED]
- To: debian-powerpc <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: r128 driver issues with latest Xorg squeeze updates. [SOLVED]
- From: Amit Uttamchandani <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 21:13:53 -0700
- Message-id: <20090916041353.GA8917@debian>
- In-reply-to: <20090915034750.GA3823@debian>
- References: <20090915034750.GA3823@debian>
On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 08:47:50PM -0700, Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
> I upgraded squeeze today and noticed a lot of X related updates.
> Specifically, it updated the Xorg, mesa, and various ati drivers.
> After the upgrade, the r128 driver doesn't seem to be working. The main
> complain seems to be of the missing framebuffer device. My guess is that
> there is some issue with the atyfb128 driver not being loaded.
> Starting Xorg without any conf uses the fbdev driver, resulting in poor
> Any other powerpc users experiencing the same problem?
Fixed the issue:
Added the following lines under "Device":
Option "UseFBDev" "false"
Option "NoInt10" "true"
Credit goes to the following post:
Hope this helps others with the same problem.