Re: r128 driver issues with latest Xorg squeeze updates.
- To: Amit Uttamchandani <email@example.com>
- Cc: debian-powerpc <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: r128 driver issues with latest Xorg squeeze updates.
- From: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 16:38:10 +0200
- Message-id: <1253025490.5669.922.camel@thor>
- In-reply-to: <20090915034750.GA3823@debian>
- References: <20090915034750.GA3823@debian>
On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 20:47 -0700, Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
> I upgraded squeeze today and noticed a lot of X related updates.
> Specifically, it updated the Xorg, mesa, and various ati drivers.
> After the upgrade, the r128 driver doesn't seem to be working. The main
> complain seems to be of the missing framebuffer device. My guess is that
> there is some issue with the atyfb128 driver not being loaded.
It's impossible to help with a problem like this without seeing at the
very least the Xorg.0.log file corresponding to the failure.
Earthling Michel Dänzer | http://www.vmware.com
Libre software enthusiast | Debian, X and DRI developer