Re: no sound on powermac3,3 (powerbook g4 550) debian502 gnome

* Gaudenz Steinlin [090914 23:00 +0200]
> On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 10:27:01PM -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> >
> > So, for a distribution kernel, I guess that, once nobody complains
> > about the problems, we can just standardize on snd-powermac (and
> > have people have a working setup) and document the potential
> > (perhaps nonexistent?) problem in the release notes for the arch.
>
> No, please not! At least on my powerbook5,8 snd-aoa works way better
> than snd-powerpc. And AFAIK this is true for all newer Powerbooks. It
> may be that snd-powermac is the only option for some of the older Apple
> powerpc based hardware. But please only enable it for devices that are
> not supported by snd-aoa.

Look into the alsa sources gives me:

snd-powermac is used to run on:
                            AWACS, DACA, Burgundy, Tumbler, Keywest
snd_aoa_codec_onyx is used to run on:
                            latest (last) generation of Apple PPC
snd_aoa_tas is uded to run on:
                            iBooks and PowerBooks without digital
snd_aoa_codec_toonie is used to run on:
                            Mac Mini

Elimar

--
  Obviously the human brain works like a computer.
  Since there are no stupid computers humans can't be stupid.