Re: no sound on powermac3,3 (powerbook g4 550) debian502 gnome

Le lundi 14 septembre 2009 à 15:09 -0700, Johannes Berg a écrit :
> On Tue, 2009-09-15 at 00:08 +0200, Benjamin Cama wrote:
>
> > Completely agree with that. snd-aoa was made for newer Macs AFAIK, and
> > it works very well here. The one that cause problem here is a
> > powermac3,3 which is an old model, and which is not supported by snd-aoa
> > according to http://johannes.sipsolutions.net/Projects/snd-aoa
> >
> > I am CC'ing Johannes, he may help us solve that long standing problem.
>
> And what _is_ the problem? AFAIK snd-aoa should work on all machines
> that it's auto-loaded on by the kernel.

I'm sorry, I don't exactly know the current problem, but here on
debian-ppc we keep having (as Rogério noted) people having problems with
snd-aoa getting loaded instead of snd-powermac, as far as I understand.
A quick search in my archives gives me the following threads :

http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2009/09/msg00059.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2009/08/msg00009.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2009/06/msg00034.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2009/05/msg00096.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2009/02/msg00083.html

Just for 2009. I thought you could help, as there don't seem to be a lot
of people left here that have the knowledge to solve that, appart from
saying "try modprobe snd-powermac". I think people on this list would be
gratefull if you could help.

Regards,
Benjamin