Re: no sound on powermac3,3 (powerbook g4 550) debian502 gnome

Hi,

Le lundi 14 septembre 2009 à 23:00 +0200, Gaudenz Steinlin a écrit :
> On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 10:27:01PM -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> >
> > So, for a distribution kernel, I guess that, once nobody complains
> > about the problems, we can just standardize on snd-powermac (and
> > have people have a working setup) and document the potential
> > (perhaps nonexistent?) problem in the release notes for the arch.
>
> No, please not! At least on my powerbook5,8 snd-aoa works way better
> than snd-powerpc. And AFAIK this is true for all newer Powerbooks. It
> may be that snd-powermac is the only option for some of the older Apple
> powerpc based hardware. But please only enable it for devices that are
> not supported by snd-aoa.

Completely agree with that. snd-aoa was made for newer Macs AFAIK, and
it works very well here. The one that cause problem here is a
powermac3,3 which is an old model, and which is not supported by snd-aoa
according to http://johannes.sipsolutions.net/Projects/snd-aoa

I am CC'ing Johannes, he may help us solve that long standing problem.

Regards,
Benjamin