Re: EnterpriseDB on PowerPC ??

PostGRE have everything you want :

look at :

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=postgresql&searchon=names&suite=stable&section=all

http://packages.debian.org/lenny/postgresql-8.3-orafce

Fábio Rabelo

2009/9/3 Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br>
On Sep 03 2009, Niels S. Eliasen wrote:
> Anyhow... anyone with experience on running Oracle RDBMS on Debian
> (powerpc) ??

Do they have powerpc binaries? If not, then I would not follow that
road.  Perhaps moving to another platform.

If your company/client bought powerpc-based computers, then I think that
could be used as an argument to ask for powerpc binaries (I don't know
Oracle).

Talking about RDBMSes already in Debian, they should work on powerpc the
same way that they would run on other platforms (ideally).  Actually,
most software *does* happen to run as well on ppc as on, say, amd64.

The exceptions are really the vast minority.

Regards, Rogério Brito.