Fwd: view flash website

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brian Morris <cymraegish@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 19:27:51 -0700
Subject: Re: view flash website
To: the grv <mygrv@yahoo.co.uk>

On 9/2/09, the grv <mygrv@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi everybody. Sorry for my bad english.
> Oh yes, finally i do it. I setting up my debian-box into my powerbook. I'm
> free.
>
> Now, i must to view flash websites. Gnash (please forgive) is horrible.
>
> You have a suggestion?
>
> GRV

VLC plays (current) flash very well as a standalone player, on osX,
but on my powerbook2000 (g4 550 upgraded, but graphics still weak) the
current version does not work either in osX or debian. Their is a
plug-in, it should be able to stand-in for flash if you can figure out
how to fake it identifying to the website (why doesn't it set itself
up this way ?)

VLC also plays MPEG video so it is handy if it works or can be made to
interface with browser