Re: Switching from Ubuntu

Andrzej Mendel wrote:
I'd say that if all you want is a desktop machine then stick to Ubuntu,
maybe upgrade to a newer version and see if it fixes your problems. What
exactly makes you unsatisfied? Debian uses Gnome as default (at least it
used to the last time I used it on a desktop). How do you connect to the
internet?

The worst problem seems to be that most of the graphics API was unloaded from the GPU. Games that ran at 25 FPS in older versions now can do a frame in 2 or 3 seconds. Not that I play many games but it effects all graphics.

Most of the work I've been doing was web-db. But now I'm adding more and more graphics and the slow response is irritating.

I think I shall try a more recent version of Ubuntu. And if that fails, perhaps I'll just rewrite the API ;)

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn

as it is about coding.

I like Perl; it's the only language where you can bless your
thingy.